Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Study Make Over


Happy Sunday!

Today I have a lot of the cards and I thought I might get my blog up to speed. First of all, I'm going to redecorate one of the rooms of our house to make a study. Here is some inspiration of cool study spaces...

One day I would like to pull back the carpet and have exposed wood. I love wallpaper and combination retro/modern furnishings. I like weaving in the earthiness of wood and real plants too (fake ones are worse than nothing). And I love a pretty view out the window - surprisingly I can see the Dandenong Ranges from this window too - it's really pretty.


I went to hang out with with the fam for my sister-in-law's birthday. I love being around three generations - it's so interesting to see how things get passed down from generation to generation. I think both my brother and I have developed a very practical sense of the present moment, and continue to monitor that it fits with the future - a technique that definitely fits with our upbringing. On another family note, it's nice to see the love for coffee in our family, particularly Dad, Glenn and I. And Glenn makes a fantastic coffee. I wish I took a pic...but here is a lovely pic of some beans...they look so moist and fresh...can you smell them?

I found a good website today...it's called Real Simple. It has a great assortment of short articles on all aspects that 'grown up's' care about.
All sorts of articles caught my attention, such as tips for decluttering (see the pics), ways to indulge, the best swimsuit for your body type, what food is fresh at the moment (pity it's not a .au site).













Anyway, I think that's enough for today.

Love A

1 comment:

  1. I found that to be a particularly insightful blog post Allie ;)

    ReplyDelete